Sunday, October 16, 2011

So I got into a fight with a hot pepper... and lost.

Funny story about the title of this entry: it actually happened. Specifically at 8 am as I was trying to have a healthy breakfast. Note, breakfast here revolves around bread (of course), yogurt, and maybe some veggies. So, me trying to be healthy, I went rummaging for veggies in the fridge. And I found a long red pepper. Excited (cuz I love red bell peppers) I took half and putit inmy sandwich. took a bite. and to my horror found out

IT WASN'T A SWEET PEPPER IT WAS HOT!!!!!

Steps you then must take to deal with such hotness:
1. Bread
2. Milk
3. Wash face and brush teeth
4. Try to deal with burning flames around your mouth
5. Find an ice pack. leave it there FOR AN HOUR.
6. Dance with joy when pain subsides.

Thank you god for giving me time to heal before work. I don't think I could have focused otherwise. Was still able to eat bell pepper later on today. May now have an aversion to red peppers.

Other fun things:
a) Went to the Dead Sea last Friday. Turns out that there are public parts of the Dead Sea. Went with my host family. We sat out ate fruit, and enjoyed the beach. The moon was huge and bright. I didn't go swimming, but it was fun driving there. We sang and danced. It was fantastic. I'm gonna miss living with them when I move.

b) the main couple of my Turkish soap opera KISSED. it was a big deal. although something tore them apart. again. what a shock. OH WAIT NOW THEY'RE BACK TOGETHER. yes. and now i may be learning all about her parents torrid past. HOW DID I NOT LOVE SOAP OPERAS BEFORE?

c) Visited a small woman's business in Tel Sheva today. Miriam was a really amazing woman. She started her own organic skin product line (products similar to what you would find in body shop or Lush). She had to struggle a lot against her family, which was hard to imagine (shout out to my family! thanks for being supportive of my crazy travelling ways). It was amazing getting to talk with her. She's going to Spain for a cosmetic conference. I'm super jealous.  I bought some foot cream. It smells great.

d) i may be reading through all of meg cabot's romance novels. I may get these novels in a less than legal fashion. ITS STILL AWESOME.

e)wracking my brains to figure out what to start my classes with on my first time with them. I'm going to be having discussions with them in English, helping them practice etc. I have no idea how to start...any suggestions/thoughts? comment away!

that's it. hopefully i'll have fewer stupid antics this week. although... who knows?
حب من النقاب(Love from the Desert),
KAS

No comments:

Post a Comment