Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Jerusalem, First Day of School, and Haifa!

Hello!

So things that have happened since my last update:

-i am very confused by the orange big talk system. about 20 bucks went down the drain when i tried to top off my phone. i don't know what i bought, but it was wrong. I finally got it fixed with another 50 shekels to them. I am going to look into a short term plan. I might save future money that way
-I went on the bus again! Met some more couch surfers for coffee. Mom don't worry: they were all really nice. I'm also starting to feel comfortable on the bus. Even better: i found another route that goes directly to Lakiya! Much shorter, but it doesn't run as often as the 63. Good to know about though :-)
-Went to Jerusalem today. we had a meeting with the deputy director of Tourism. They're hoping to increase tourism to the Negev and want to promote our organization! Very exciting, and a great resource to help us increase our marketing
-Went to the Arab market. One of the few non arabs there, but it was fine. I spent way too much on Baklava for my host family. oh well, I know better for next time. And I'm moving houses tomorrow! Gotta pack tonight...good thing I only have a suitcase.
- tomorrow: first day of teaching! I'm super nervous. I'm going to have each group for 45 minutes. I've made a short presentation about my family with photos and everything just to introduce myself. Really want to get a feel for where the students are mostly so I can figure out what to plan. I'm worried about it, but it will be what it will be.
-Found out I don't have work the week of November 5th. So I'm going travelling! Going to go up to Haifa for a few days and then over to Akko for the weekend. Trains and buses run to both, so transport won't be an issue. It will be nice to go North and escape the desert for a bit.

Not much else to say right now, might also do some 1-1 tutoring as well. Update you with the details on that later.
Love,
KAS

No comments:

Post a Comment